Consulting and Training
- Do you suspect you may be missing something about how to help your clients/patients in larger bodies?
- Do you want keep more of your current clients/patients coming back to you?
- Are you wanting support on how to welcome people of all sizes--from your intake paperwork, to your waiting area and more?
I help heathcare providers serve more people and retain more clients/patients by creating practices and environments that welcome and celebrate people of all sizes.
Many people in larger bodies avoid every kind of health care at all costs, because of previous negative experiences in healthcare. I can help you make important shifts in your practice that will completely change the experience for your patients with larger bodies, improving compliance, retention, patient satisfaction and word of mouth referrals.
You chose your field to help others. Let’s work together to help you reach even more people.
Who do I work with?
I teach acupuncturists, massage therapists, doctors, nurses, chiropractors, medical assistants, dentists, physical therapists, dieticians, nutritionists, and therapists (basically anyone connected to health care!) the layered nuances of how to treat their larger clients/patients in respectful and compassionate ways. This is called weight-inclusive health care.
Why am I qualified to help you?
With my background as a health care worker for over 10 years, and with my experience of the culture of medical education while attending a medical university in Portland, Oregon, I am well-versed in how most healthcare providers are trained to think about, and work, with higher weight patients. Add to this 10 months of training for the Body Trust® Provider Certification, where I have clarified the challenges that non-weight-informed practitioners face in relating to, and welcoming, size diversity in their practices. My rich lived experience as a fat, eating disorder recovered, queer womxn further informs the work that I have done to develop specific approaches and techniques that create a truly welcoming environment for your patients. I will help you reach your full potential in being able to implement weight-inclusive care, and serve even more people.
Consulting and/or training with Sarah is right for you if you. . .
- Want to know what weight-inclusive health care is.
- Need assistance with weight-inclusive health care and fat positive business practices.
- Are new to Health at Every Size®.
- Are new to Intuitive Eating.
- Are curious how your practice could be better at being eating disorder informed?
- Are curious how you can combat weight stigma and bias within your work?
- Are looking for accountability around thin privilege.
- Want to train your employees in weight-inclusive health care.
- Want your website, writing, paperwork, etc. to reflect your Body Trust®, HAES®, IE and/or weight-inclusive messages.
- Want to keep more of your current clients/patients coming back to you!